Business Development Manager (Landfill)
Our client is a leading waste treatment company with operations in non-hazardous and hazardous landfill, material recycling, RDF production, soil treatment and landfill gas-to-energy. A vacancy currently exists for an experienced Business Development Manager to play a key role in generating sales and securing waste volumes for the company’s landfill site in Scotland.
- Achieve and exceed period targets in accordance with all company procedures and codes of conduct.
- Prospecting - Identify sales opportunities and potential customers.
- Generate and qualify leads from a variety of sources.
- Respond to sales enquiries by phone, electronically and in person.
- Follow through with customer appointments. Conduct professional meetings, comprehensively questioning and listening to fully understand customer requirements.
- Develop strong business relationships with customers, branch personnel, support functions and peers across the business.
- Work with branch personnel and support departments to help ensure that customer requirements are met, and any issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive customer database and maintain up to date customer meeting and activity records.
- Prepare and deliver regular monthly sales reports.
- Monitor competitor activity, market conditions, and product development, reporting/escalating key activity, developments, and issues as necessary.
- Working with Group compliance team.
- Ensure all records are maintained and up to date in compliance with SEPA requirements.
- Keep company diary fully up to date with all appointments.
- A high performer, driven by results and places emphasis on results over activity.
- Experience in the Waste industry.
- Maintains high standards of performance and can demonstrate thorough understanding of sales practice and principles.
- Proven ability to achieve/exceed sales targets over an extended period.
- Confident and tenacious. Ability to overcome obstacles to achieve results. Driven by success and always determined to achieve.
- Self-motivated, self-managing.
- Proven track record of developing new business.
- A competent presenter who can demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Totally customer & sales focused.
- Valid clean driving licence.