Our client is a global leader in metal recycling. A vacancy currently exists for SHE Manager to take responsibility for Safety, Health and Environmental compliance across a number of operational sites in the Midlands and South West Region.
- To develop SHE Coordinators within the team to reach potential. Day to day management and leadership of the Regional SHE team.
- Maintain operational compliance with the environmental Permits. Main point of focus for any permit applications or modifications
- Ensure environmental management systems (EMS) are effective and staff understand importance of the EMS
- Be the regional expert on environmental compliance and ensure the management team fully understand the requirements
- SHE point of focus for EA/HSE visits/audits, with full support from the coordinator team
- Identify high hazard activities and ensure controls are in place. If they are not, highlight to management team and put a time bound action plan in place
- Strong efforts around safety culture
- Strong efforts and direction around Stop Work Authority
- Full integration with the regional operations team to support them and improve SHE performance.
- Strong efforts around Life Rules and the safe systems of works for high hazard activities
- Development and implementation of Safety Management System
- Occupational health improvements
- Overview of SHE training requirements, priorities and implementation
- Risk Management processes and implementation to reduce risk on site
- Incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Degree in Environmental Science, Process Safety, Engineering or Occupational Safety & Health or similar.
- Detailed understanding of the SHE risks and regulatory regime as it relates to recycling including machinery, plant and transport safety.
- Root Cause Analysis skills and experience
- Able to retain a calm and analytical approach when investigating accidents and major incidents
- Experienced in effectively managing key internal and external relationships.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Recognise how culture can impact on the SHE performance of the business.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft office) and experience of H&S management systems.
- Ability to handle and interpret data, evidence and documentation and produce clear and concise reports.
- Full UK driving licence
- At least 5 years’ experience in a SHE role ideally gained within waste/recycling, food production or chemical manufacturing.