Restoration & Ecology Manager
Our client, a leading waste operator, is looking to recruit a Restoration & Ecology Manager to take responsibility for restoration and ecology works to the company’s waste management sites in the Southern region. This will include the health and safety of staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst working within the site and delivering the restoration programme of works in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
You will also offer support to the division in management of other aspects of the delivery of restoration works, such as the management of landfill tax information areas, biomass crops, soils imports, planning submissions, contract management and budget control.
- Extensive experience in the specification of ecology and landscape works and compliance with Planning requirements.
- Full understanding of the JCLI Conditions of Contract, NEC3 short contract or similar to allow the assistance in the production and management of Landscape Contracts.
- Proven track record in the appointment and management of landscape contractors.
- Good working knowledge of Landfill Planning Permissions and excellent report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of Landfill Tax Legislation as applicable to tax free status materials and experience in applying for and management of tax information areas.
- Familiarity with Health and Safety procedures and an understanding of Contractor Risk Assessments.
- Degree educated with a proven track record in a related discipline.
- Track record in managing contracts to ensure best value and maximising efficiencies in procurement of landscape works.
- Successful in working with a team of professionals at a regional level while also demonstrating an ability to deliver value through influence at a local level.
- Experience in the application for and management of Forestry Commission Woodland Grants and DEFRA Single Payment Scheme an advantage.
- Familiarity with Grazing Contracts and basic understanding of Farm Business Tenancies.