Divisional Director (Commercial Collections)
Our client offers a range of specialist waste management and recycling services to both the public and private sectors. A vacancy currently exists for Divisional Director to play a key role in planning, leading, organising and controlling the profitable operation of the company’s commercial waste division.
Reporting directly to the Group Director, the successful candidate will expand and develop the commercial waste business into new geographical and/or service areas, giving increased growth and profitability, whilst effectively managing in line with agreed budget targets.
- To prepare annual cost budgets in accordance with targets determined by the Board.
- To evaluate and where appropriate, recommend changes in strategy, policy or procedures, with a view to increasing profitability and efficiency.
- To recommend and implement sales strategy.
- Update the Group Director on new developments in the sector and make recommendations for beneficial change.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and motivate all staff under your control.
- To hold the company operator’s licence as required and assist in ensuring compliant transport operations.
- To ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety policy and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The role requires candidates to have experience of developing strategic direction and delivering results within agreed timeframes and budgets. Demonstrable experience in a senior level role, with operational leadership and direct P&L accountability will be required. Experience within the waste management sector is essential.
Applicants will need to possess a high level of communication, interpersonal and proven relationship building skills at all levels. You will be driven, organised and have exemplary attention to detail. Exceptional stakeholder management and the ability to develop strong working partnerships, both internally and externally, will be key.