Hazardous Waste Assessor
Our client, a leading, independently owned waste management operator, is looking to recruit a Hazardous Waste Assessor. In this role, you’ll be part of a small, proactive and busy team at the Company’s head office in Oxfordshire, providing customer service support to new and existing customers.
· You’ll take phone and email enquiries from customers looking to dispose of all types of hazardous waste (everything from chemicals to aerosols), guiding them further when you can, or redirecting where necessary, so that jobs can be assessed and quoted for
· You’ll provide basic quotes for standard hazardous waste streams and repeat jobs
· Occasionally, you’ll visit customer sites to obtain information to help with sales enquiries
· When required, you’ll provide cover for the Haz-Box Co-ordinator
· A chemistry qualification (or similar e.g. Environmental Sciences) to HNC level or above
· Previous hazardous waste management experience in similar role, or perhaps in a Transfer Station or working as a Chem-Pack Chemist.
· Full UK driving licence
· Confident telephone manner, a passion for excellent customer service and willingness to learn
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity and working hours are 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per week.