Our client is an independently owned, award-winning waste management company. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Site Chemist based at the company’s flagship hazardous waste treatment site in the North West. In this role you will be responsible for to segregating and processing incoming laboratory chemicals and small packages according to chemical properties and hazards. You will also provide laboratory and analytical support for all site operations and designate process routes for incoming loads and ensure correct documentation is supplied for outgoing loads.
- Degree or HNC in chemistry/COTC TMS4 or validated analytical experience.
- Working knowledge of the operation of Waste Treatment Processing Plant
- Good knowledge of chemical properties and hazards
- Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial practice
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when unsure
- Consistent & methodical approach to work
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach
- Ability to work in a team or individually. Ability to self-supervise
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Forklift Truck counterbalance licence (desirable)