Senior Environmental Consultant
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will work with organisations on a range of environmental permitting projects. You will offer expert advisory and assessment services to assist clients in complying with environmental regulations. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of Graduate Consultants to ensure that projects are being delivered effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the effective delivery of projects ensuring agreed budgets and delivery deadlines are met.
- Reaching target revenue by retaining existing clients and on boarding new clients.
- Preparing proposals and fee estimates.
- Desk studies, research, Environmental Permit applications and reporting.
- Contributing to business development and client financial management.
- Managing and monitoring the project delivery of internal team.
- Provide mentoring to more junior members of the team and encourage their personal development goals.
- Travel to project sites across the UK.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in Environmental Consultancy (at least 7 years).
- Degree level qualification BSc / MSc level in a related scientific discipline and have sound knowledge and experience of the waste industry and environmental permitting.
- Demonstrable track record of developing client relationships.
- Chartered status from a recognised institution.
- Experience of liaising with regulatory authorities and stakeholders.
- Commercially aware and familiar with managing budgets as part of project delivery
- Ability to communicate on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of clients.
- Ability to write technically sound reports and commercially focused proposals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Professional demeanour with excellent interpersonal skills.
Being part of a small company in this exciting phase of growth requires flexibility to be involved with the marketing, promotion and expansion of services provided by the company.