Business Development Manager (Hazardous Waste)
Working as part of the North West Regional Management team under the guidance of the General Manager for Sales & Marketing, the main objective for the Business Development Manager is to promote the sale of hazardous waste services as and when the opportunities arise. This will incorporate sales/marketing activities to research and establish contacts to secure new business whilst maintaining account management responsibilities with an existing client database.
- Develop a sales plan in conjunction with the General Manager for the commercial growth of the business
- Grow existing accounts
- Create and make initial contact with new sales leads to generate new business sales in accordance with agreed profit margins.
- Develop and maintain Customer Relationship Management of existing clients to ensure a continuing business relationship and explore avenues to grow business.
- Actively monitor competitor activities, products services and customer base.
- Keep personal knowledge of relevant legislation and market trends up to date.
- Liaise with the General Manager for Sales & Marketing on all sales and marketing activities.
- Produce monthly reports to the General Manager regarding current projects/contracts; sales pipeline to include potential as well as future projects/contracts/tenders; and competitor activities, products etc.
Applications are invited from candidates with at least 3 years’ experience in sales/business development within the hazardous waste sector. A full driving licence is essential.