Supplier Compliance Manager
Our client, a leading facilities management company, is looking to recruit a Suppler Compliance Manager to help ensure that the company maintains a compliant waste management service at all times. You will support the Head of Compliance in ensuring quality of service provision and legal compliance of all suppliers used by the company and be the main point of contact for day-to-day compliance queries.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the compliance function, including the line management of two members of staff
- Manage the activity of on-boarding of new suppliers and maintaining the database of vendors in line with company guidelines.
- Liaise with internal Wastes procurement team to ensure a ‘joined-up’ approach when managing suppliers.
- Manage the activity of producing, issuing and filing annual waste transfer notes and hazardous waste consignment notes
- Hosting of auditors, both internal and external during relevant audits of waste operations.
- Provide the operations team with Technical support, including travel to client sites if appropriate.
- Manage and maintain an up to date Duty of Care audit schedule to ensure all relevant disposal sites are audited at the appropriate times and that the relevant records are available.
- Manage the company’s process for purchasing PRN’s for the clients they manage this service for.
- Request and assess compliance documents provided by suppliers or clients
- Analyse documents to ensure values for insurance are adequate and expiry dates flagged
- Carry out Duty of Care audits when required, on third-party suppliers, to ensure they are compliant
- Carry out urgent assessments of alternative suppliers when substitutes are needed, and assess their appropriate use
- Experience in the waste sector is advantageous but candidates with strong QSHE experience will also be considered
- Excellent line management skills and HR knowledge
- Excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge and abilities with spreadsheets, in particular: Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Office 365; SharePoint; Adobe Acrobat Pro; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills to talk to clients and suppliers about their operations and requirements in order to comply with the company’s Waste supplier criteria.
- Understanding of legal documentation especially insurance, quality, health and safety and environmental.
- Experience in the waste industry is preferable, but training will be given.
- Must be able to make decisions on an informed basis and be confident to ask for advice when needed.
- Work closely with other team members and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Preferably have some auditing skills or experience.
- Full, clean driving licence as some travelling is necessary