Our client is a national award-winning waste management company, specialising in chemical waste transportation and disposal. Due to a period of continued expansion, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Chemist. Principle responsibility of the role is to use technical knowledge to inventorise, segregate, label and pack hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals safely. This will be undertaken at Customer sites in the northwest and nationwide. The role will require working independently or with other mobile chemists and/or operatives, and working with all regulations set out by HSE, EA and other regulatory Body.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or HND in Chemistry.
- Experience of working with hazardous waste preferred
- Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial/waste management practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- ADR certificate is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Flexibility within the role as overnight stays will be required when undertaking distant waste collections.
- Full UK driving licence