Regional Commercial Manager (Food Waste Recycling)
Our client is a market leader in food waste recycling. A vacancy currently exists for a Regional Commercial Manager based at the company’s state of the art Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and transfer station in London. Your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the company’s requirements but will include:
- Manage the sales of the company’s recycling services within the designated territory and/or accounts.
- Manage the regional sales team to ensure all agreed targets and objectives are achieved.
- Control the raw material supply chain to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain the appropriate revenue and quality objectives.
- Oversee the efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels are maintained.
- Maintain contact with existing customers, monitor trading levels and maximise the opportunities for additional business.
- Prepare quotes in line with the agreed pricing strategy and re-negotiate terms where appropriate.
- Gather and maintain up-to-date market intelligence within the local area, monitoring competitor activity (services and prices), and communicating as necessary.
- Develop new business for the food waste recycling services.
- Monitor service level agreements and audit company services versus agreed KPI’s and financial targets.
- Develop markets for bio-fertiliser products within the local area - working with farmers / contractors.
- Develop and promote the company’s activities across the industry.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to a minimum A-Level, or equivalent (preferably to Degree level).
- Working knowledge of the waste sector and meat industry, and the products it produces.
- Previous experience within a commercial sales-led environment, with a B2B or similar customer-focused sector.
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who is also able to work on own initiative.
- Sound negotiating and influencing skills.
- Full UK, clean, driving licence.
- Ability to travel with occasional nights away from home when required.