Commercial Account Manager
Our client is a reputable environmental and waste management business based in the North West. The company operates a permitted Hazardous Waste Transfer station and supports a wide range of clients’ in the safe and environmentally responsible disposal of their hazardous waste.
An exciting opportunity currently exists within the team for a Commercial Account Manager.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop professional business relationships with current accounts in order to consolidate and grow revenue / margins and ensure quality of service.
- Provide disposal solutions for hazardous waste enquiries presented to the sales office.
- Assess incoming waste enquiries in terms of chemical and physical properties to determine appropriate disposal route(s) or option(s).
- Fully cost the disposal options and provide a timely quotation to the client.
- Ensure / obtain information (analysis, msds etc.) to satisfy the company’s legal obligations prior to accepting any bookings.
- Liaising with Site Chemists and Operatives to facilitate financially appropriate resolutions for any non-conforming loads.
- Ensure completed jobs are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner. Assist in the resolution of any invoice disputes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum HNC in Chemistry (or related scientific subject)
- Previous hazardous waste management experience (at least a year).
- Knowledge of Technical Guidance WM3 Waste Classification
- An awareness of Sector Guidance Note S5.06 Guidance for the Recovery and Disposal of Hazardous and non-Hazardous Waste.
- ADR awareness training.