Mechanical Engineer (Energy from Waste)
Our client, a leading waste management operator, is looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to be based at its flagship Energy from Waste facility in the Southeast. You will be responsible for driving the strategic development of the maintenance philosophy by implementing new maintenance techniques and procedures directed at increasing the overall plant availability. You will project manage equipment and process upgrades involving the development of the overall project brief, including design stage risk assessment, involvement of key stakeholders, capital justification/application, tender specification, installation, commissioning, defect rectification, documentation implementation within the document control system and the Maintenance Management System.
- Understand and implement the company SHEQ policy
- Health and Safety
- Play a key role in the planning and execution of annual planned outages, taking responsibility for ensuring work is completed safely
- Working with Procurement to establish long term agreements with suitable suppliers and contractors
- Work with the Maintenance Team Leaders to develop the site Maintenance Management System as well as improve the skills and knowledge of the Technicians
- Be a key member of the maintenance department to ensure the effective operation of the plant, involving direct supervision/liaison with the maintenance team and contractors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ideally Degree qualified
- IOSH/NBOSH safety accreditation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Energy from Waste, Power or similar heavy industries
- Project Management experience, with working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Experience with preventative/predictive maintenance techniques
- Previous experience of statutory inspections of steam pressure systems and associated equipment and all forms of NDT
- Good knowledge and understanding of steam turbine and generator equipment
- Previous Maintenance Management System experience
- Experience of root cause analysis and similar fault-finding analysis techniques
- Understanding and experience of CDM
- Good understanding of relevant legislative requirements
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with a willingness and ability to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
- Ability to manage numerous sub-contractors in a planned outage environment.