We are working with a leading international waste management company who are looking to recruit a Communications Manager to join their busy, central London office. In this role you will be responsible for managing all internal and external communications, ensuring its messages are consistent and in keeping with the tone of the company’s brand. You will prepare presentations and communicate with employees via the different communications platforms available such as emails, posters, enterprise social network, newsletters. The successful candidate will need excellent verbal and written skills and must be proficient at working with others at all levels and managing projects between different departments and geographies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communication and presentational skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or PR - a relevant Master’s degree would also be an advantage;
- A proven ability to lead communications strategies;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken). Additional language skills (French and/or Arabic) would be an advantage;
- 7-10 years’ experience of working in a communications position for a multi-national organisation;
- Previous experience as a Communications Manager within the waste management or related industry would be an advantage;
- Experience of writing for a variety of different audiences;
- Management of complex projects and advising senior managers;
- Experience in leading a change management strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work at all levels within corporate and operational departments;
- Attention to detail and use of various channels of communication to effectively share information with others;
- Confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them;
- Ability to plan communication strategies using digital skills. Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video communication is essential.