Our client is a waste and recycling specialist based in the South West. A vacancy currently exists for a Compliance Manager to oversee all aspects of the Group’s Environmental Compliance. You will work closely with Managers and the Board to ensure sites and operations are environmentally compliant.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand and advise Mangers of all environmental issues relating to the Groups operations which include site operations and related Environment Permits and Exemptions.
- Control financial accounts for the Environmental operations, under direction of the Directors.
- Proactively lead the Management team so Managers understand environmental priorities. Identify any resource issues and service standards problems and resolve in conjunction with relevant Managers.
- Effectively ensure that the Group’s Health and Safety procedures, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) systems are complied with at all times in order to retain all relevant ISO certification (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 or their equivalent accreditations).
- Maintain knowledge of the ‘industry’ including updating Managers on legislative changes as they occur.
- Effectively assist in the Group’s compliance of its legal obligations with regard to environmental legislation.
- Provide training to staff as required and in conjunction with the Health & Safety Manager
- Liaise with customers as required to provide compliance expertise.
- Oversee the preparation of reports as needed under the Groups Permits and other compliance and customer requirements.
- To bring to the attention of the relevant Manager any observed non-compliance or environmental issues that require action.