Health & Safety Manager
Our client is a waste and recycling specialist based in the South West. The Company operates several waste and recycling sites as well as an LGV fleet. There are around 130 staff, the majority of whom are involved in these operations, working around plant, equipment and vehicles.
The primary focus of the post is Health and Safety and management of ISO 18001 including transition to 45001. You will share ownership of the Company’s ISO systems with the Compliance Manager including management of the Company’s legal register.
You will be responsible for producing and promoting the Group Safety Strategy across the Company’s sites, providing advice and guidance, monitoring the implementation of the policies and procedures, complying with legislation and collating and monitoring RIDDOR reports. In addition you will carry out site audits and deliver training at all levels
Applications are invited from candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years continuous employment in front line H&S role, ideally gained within the waste/recycling industry
- NEBOSH qualification
- Good working knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and H&S legislation
- Experience managing accident investigations and risk assessments
- Knowledge of waste legislation desirable
- Experience dealing with governing bodies such as the HSE
- Good organisational skills and proactive attitude
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Excellent IT Skills especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.