We are working with a leading international waste management company who are looking to recruit a Bid Manager to join their busy, central London office. In this role you will manage public and private sector bids for a range of waste and related projects across multiple African and Asian geographies. You will control the bid writing process and where necessary lead a “Project Team” and/or “Bid Team” to ensure all required information for the written bid is made available, collated, and produced in such a manner that all the tender requirements are relevant and compliant with the Request for Proposal (RfP) / Invitation to Tender (ITT) Documents.
- Perform the initial review of the RfP/ITT documents to establish the scope of work and the tender schedule.
- Brief the tendering business partner on tender requirements and make recommendations for project resource requirements.
- Plan tender reviews, submittal programme and manage post-submittal clarifications according to the procedures and client requirements.
- Participate in tender stage gate meetings, whether external client/clarification meetings or internal.
- Ensure that all relevant data and information compiled is considered and made available to all tender team members during the development of the tender.
- Ensure completed submissions are of the required internal and external company standards, and are compliance with client requirements, local regulation/legislation, and the company’s commercial strategy
- Assist with the preparation of business strategies and plans for the Tendering Team.
- Carry out market research at micro/macro levels, apply/make recommendations to the team’s business model, and maintain this information in appropriate databases.
- Prepare presentations, extensive reports and documents.
- Maintain internal commercial and technical libraries including previous project submission documentation.
- Educated to degree standard and expected to have at least 10+ years' experience in a bid writing/management role in a related waste management field.
- Project Management Skills (e.g. Prince 2) are also highly desirable.
- Experience in bidding for projects in Africa desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels (internal and external), with a specific requirement for strong writing skills.
- Proven track record of delivering winning bid submissions.
- Strong knowledge of waste management industry.
- Knowledge of procurement processes an advantage.
- Excellent PC skills, including but not limited to: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Fluency in French and English is essential.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable.