Bid Estimator/Financial Modeller
We are working with a leading waste management company who require a Bid Estimator/Financial Modeller to join their busy, central London office. In this role you will support the Tendering and Business Development teams with the preparation of financial models for a portfolio of large scale existing and new waste and recycling contracts. The jobholder will provide financial input on all bids, from the qualification of bids to contract signature.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Prepare robust and accurate bid financial models tailored for tenders
- Prepare the operational modelling of the projects
- Support the Tendering team on all financial aspects of bids and tenders from the inception of the process, ensuring a full understanding of each project pricing strategy
- Prepare for each project, financial reports such as projected P&L, Cash flow, Balance sheets etc along with related ratio analysis in order to abide with the group financial strategy
- Capture and update all operational and non-operational ratios and analysis on a regular basis for future bid use
- Prepare operational and financial analysis on a regular basis, in order to evaluate the current/new projects and capital expenditure profitability
- Prepare standard Financial and Pricing Models for efficient use in new projects.
- Degree in Finance or similar and at least 3 years’ experience in financial modelling and financial accounting
- Understanding of operational and financial modelling and forecasting process
- Proven experience in the production of financial models
- Experience in costing, and pricing methodologies
- Knowledge of waste management/environmental industries
- Knowledge of financial bid preparation and tendering process
- Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Proficient in MS Office, and in particular an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP or similar
- French speaker.