Our client is a well-established, independently owned business focussing on skip hire, Plant hire, demolition, waste removal and recycling services. Due to a period of growth, a new vacancy has arisen within the Plant hire division for a Hire Controller. Plant and Tool ranges includes Access Platforms, Drilling & Breaking, Cleaning, Compaction, Decorating, Garden & Landscaping, Hand Tools & Power Tools, Material Lifting & Support, Plant Machinery & Attachments, Plumbing, Power Generation & Lighting, Pumping Heating & Drying, Site Works & Building, Surface Preparation and Concreting, Welding & Woodworking.
- Communicating with customers in the shop, on the phone and via email
- Proactive in learning about new products and have basic understanding of the range of products
- Taking and processing orders for tools and plant hire
- Processing tool and PPE sales within shop
- Ordering sales stock
- Trained in Hireguard insurance to 'sell' to customers
- Liaising with staff members, customers and suppliers
- Stocking and maintaining sales goods
- Delivering equipment at busy times
- Partaking in training courses as necessary, possibly in own time
- Keeping work environment clean and tidy
- Partaking in promotional events
- Assisting with other tasks if required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High regard to customer satisfaction
- Ability to learn about new products and understanding the basics of them, and be aware of competitor information
- Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
- A high level of accuracy is essential, seeking clarity when required and taking responsibility for own work. Resolve problems effectively.
- Have a good knowledge of IT systems.
- Must be a good team player or work well under own initiative.
- Demonstrate understanding and works to exceed customer expectations.
- Accountable for results and long term business objectives.
- Work well under pressure