Our client, a leading outsourcing company, is looking to recruit a Shift Manager to manage all waste streams produced at their customer’s manufacturing site in the South.
- Coordinating and planning incoming waste and recycling materials ensuring effective and compliant storage and dispatch
- Coordination of effective waste collection routing and staff cover
- Receiving, logging and management of all hazardous, drummed and bulk materials
- Ensuring day-to-day housekeeping, and site cleanliness, is kept to an auditable standard
- Complying, and implementation of, Company and site policies and procedures as directed by the site supervisor & client
- Ensuring the segregation of different waste streams into the appropriate containers to maintain expected recycling and landfill diversion targets
- Develop strong mentoring relationship with individual(s)
- Liaise with the site supervisor but also have the ability to talk directly to the customer in a professional manner
- Customer focused approach
- Waste management exposure/experience
- Experience of leading of team
- Reliable and responsible attitude
- Able to communicate with client and colleagues.
- Ability to work as a team player and to demonstrate individual initiative
- Possession of a fork lift certificate would be an advantage
- Ability to drive a tug and tow would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong customer/ client focused attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Customer relationship skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills sufficient for the role and to ensure safe operation in a hazardous environment.
- Willing and able to work overtime when required including occasional weekend work.
- Demonstrate a logical and practical approach to tasks.
- Ability and desire to improve technical competence through additional training
- Prepared to take on additional responsibilities once suitably qualified or trained
- Show flexibility in working/shift patterns