Technical Chem-Pack/Administrative Chemist
Our client, a leading independently owned waste management company, is looking to recruit a Technical Chem-Pack/Administrative Chemist based at their Head Office in the South.
- Accurately assess all technical jobs to enable the preparation of Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes and all associated transport documentation, packing requirements and labels to facilitate the collection, transport and disposal of waste consignments.
- Undertake mobile Chem-Pack chemist duties at customer premises to include the sampling, identification, segregation, listing, packing and transportation of assorted hazardous wastes. To complete all administrative tasks associated with the role in line with procedures and current legislation, ensuring awareness at all times of the provision of a professional and courteous service.
- Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental-related discipline).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing the disposal of packaged hazardous wastes.
- Broad knowledge of the legislation governing the management of hazardous wastes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations, associated with the ability to classify, pack and label hazardous wastes.
- Understanding of the operation and function of Hazardous Waste transfer stations.
- Understanding of chemical names and their hazardous characteristics.
- Ability to work within potentially difficult environments i.e. outdoors with PPE etc.
- ADR licence (preferred).
- Ability to prioritise, plan ahead and work to continuous deadlines.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Competent computing skills with emphasis on accurate data entry.
- Strong team worker with ability to manage time well, multi-task and assist others.
- Flexible towards working hours to ensure smooth operation of the Technical department.
- Confident Customer Service background with proficient problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to demonstrate previous account management/maintenance with high level of accuracy/careful attention to detail.
- UK driving licence