Our client is a family owned, nationwide award winning waste management company. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Site Chemist. This is an exciting time to join as the company is currently expanding due to their strong standing within the industry and excellent reputation for the quality of work they deliver to their clients.
- Operate process plant in line with permit, procedures and consent to discharge.
- Analyse all incoming loads in a timely fashion designating process routes to site personnel.
- Operate all laboratory processes in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment and working within the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
- To ensure that all site activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s S.H.E. policies and all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- To provide analytical information that will optimise vehicle turnaround time, processing efficiency and customer service.
- To assist in the development and improvement of site activities and processes including the analysis of samples for new potential waste streams.
- Take appropriate action with respect to waste acceptance and rectifying any problems.
- Educated to at least HNC level in Chemistry
- Good knowledge of hazardous waste.
- Ability to assess potential safety/environmental/plant impact of processing hazardous waste.
- Experience of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation as related to the Company’s activities.
- Technically competent in the handling of Hazardous Chemicals
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers so as to promote and maintain positive customer relations
The role comes with excellent benefits which includes 30 days annual holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), a company pension, life assurance (for pension scheme members) healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers, company bonus scheme.