Landfill Site Supervisor
Our client, a leading waste operator, is looking to recruit a Supervisor to assist in the efficient day-to-day operation of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire. You will help to ensure operations are carried out in a safe working environment and cost-effective manner, in accordance with all Group policies, and in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements and to maximise the plant efficiency and cost-effective production. You will also ensure the site is operated in accordance with Environmental Permits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage plant and resources, including operatives.
- Train and mentor site operatives and deal with performance and disciplinary issues.
- Operate mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that plant and equipment are maintained, and records are completed.
- Operate the weighbridge systems.
- Communicate with customers and provide exemplary customer service.
- Oversee the tipping operation.
- Assist in budgetary control of site operations.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience of managing or supervising a team.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Certificate of Technical Competence (CoTC) qualification (or equivalent) desirable.
- A full, valid driving licence.
Work hours are 45 hours per week, 6:30am-4:30pm.