Senior Site Chemist
Our client is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services. A vacancy currently exists for a Senior Site Chemist to help with the day-to-day operation of the company’s busy hazardous waste transfer facility in Oxfordshire. The facility accepts all types of hazardous waste and uses advanced processing and recycling technologies.
As part of a hard-working and highly skilled team, you will receive incoming consignments of waste, check documentation, complete waste transfer notes and raise non-conformances. You will also un/load lorries, operate waste processing machinery and plant, and inspect, classify and segregate waste deliveries.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Listing, segregating and packing waste for collection by drivers on customer sites.
- Driving company vans to collect small waste consignments.
- Shunting vehicles around the yard for unloading/loading.
- Assisting with contractor management on site.
- Helping to plan daily tasks for site operators.
The work involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable – e.g. working in a chemical protection suit.
- Degree (minimum HNC) in Chemistry or a Chemistry/Environmental-related discipline.
- Understanding of the hazards of materials received at the transfer station.
- Competent at operating machinery and plant safely.
- Understanding of Best Available Techniques (BAT) processes.
- Driving licence and own transport due to site location.
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Fri, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.