Our client is a nationwide award-winning waste management company specialising in the transportation and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous waste. A vacancy currently exists for a Mobile Chemist ideally to be based at the company’s depot in Rochester, Kent but there is flexibility to be based anywhere in the Southeast (i.e. West to Hampshire or North to Essex/Hertfordshire).
- Organising collections from clients’ sites and delivering to waste transfer sites for disposal.
- Maintain provision of packing materials on site.
- Assist Small Collection and the administration team in providing quotations for customers.
- Ensure all relevant legislation required to perform the job correctly is adhered to.
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures ensuring all requirements required are met both on Customers site and at waste disposal site.
- Technically assess, segregate, label, and pack waste on client’s site with documentation compliant to current UK legislation.
- Compile and maintain list of hazardous waste needing collection and disposal, producing required documentation and ensure compliance with current legislation, communicating with Small Collections and administration for completeness.
- Collection and loading of waste onto transport vehicle with the aid of material handling equipment making it safe and suitable for transportation, safely driving company vehicle to the hazardous waste site for disposal.
- Degree or HND in Chemistry.
- Good knowledge of hazardous waste.
- COSHH – ability to assess potential safety/environmental/plant impact of processing hazardous waste.
- Experience of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation as related to the Company’s activities.
- Must have held an EU driving licence and have experience of driving 3.5t size van.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers.
- Forklift Truck certification.
- Capable of working autonomously with limited supervision and a willingness to learn new skills.