Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist
Our client, a leading provider of waste management and environmental services, is looking to recruit a Chem-Pack Chemist. This is a dual role that combines working at customer sites as well as utilising chemical waste knowledge to assess and manage waste streams within a hazardous waste transfer station. The company manages the collection of all types of hazardous waste from their varied customer base – everything from lab chemicals, electrical items, acids, bases, solvents and aerosols. Based at the company’s hazardous waste transfer station in South Oxfordshire, and working within a team of Chemists, you will utilise your experience to assess and manage waste inputs up the waste hierarchy as well as assess jobs to facilitate the collection, transportation and disposal of waste consignments.
- Chemistry qualification (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline) - HNC minimum.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing the disposal of packaged hazardous wastes – maybe you have worked at a hazardous waste transfer station or have an industrial background.
- Broad knowledge of the legislation governing the management of hazardous wastes.
- Willingness to work within potentially difficult environments – e.g. outdoors with PPE.
- Competent and accurate computer skills.
- ADR licence desirable (training provided if necessary)
- Full UK driving licence – you will drive a Company van to customers’ sites.
Working hours are 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week, though flexibility is required.