Treatment Plant Technician
Our client is an award-winning, privately-owned waste management company, specialising in chemical waste transportation, treatment and disposal. A vacancy currently exists for a Treatment Plant Technician to be based at the company’s Aqueous Waste Treatment Plant in Cornwall. In this role, you will provide chemistry and technical support for all site operations. Full training will be given.
- Assess incoming loads and help ensure correct documentation is supplied for outgoing loads.
- Monitor and record effluent quality and ensure that it remains within consented levels prior to discharge.
- Assist with all site operations whenever required including assisting in the treatment of waste materials.
- Educated to ONC/HNC level or higher in Chemistry or Chemistry-based subject.
- Enthusiasm to learn the operation of an Aqueous Waste Treatment Plant.
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 4 qualification in the treatment of hazardous waste.
Desirable Attributes and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of hazardous waste legislation and the waste industry.
- Health and Safety Knowledge / Experience.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Experience / licence for Counterbalance FLT, Backhoe, and/or site tanker.