Sales Manager (Hazardous Waste)
Our client is a leading UK waste management company. A vacancy currently exists for a Sales Manager to grow new sales revenue into the company’s Hazardous Waste Treatment Division through generating new leads, growth of existing accounts and upselling of new services. The role will primarily focus on identifying & converting hazardous waste opportunities in the southeast of England, as well as opportunities for total waste management contracts. The successful candidate will join a well-established sales team who provide a key function to the revenue and profitability of the company.
This is a field sales position working from home but aligned with the company’s southern depots, particularly its Hazardous Waste Transfer Station and Industrial Services depot in Kent. However, the primary geographical focus for sales growth is Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Essex.
- Generate leads for hazardous waste producers
- Arrange customer visits face-to-face
- Convert leads into enquiries into sales
- Co-ordinate duty of care visits by customers to the company’s facilities
- Request and supply sufficient characterisation data to enable accurate pricing and routing of the waste stream
- Work with the company’s internal Technical Waste Assessment team
- Identify TWM opportunities, particularly those with plastic and cardboard recycling opportunities combined with hazardous waste
- Use the company’s bespoke CRM package for customer management information and technical waste management information
- Take ownership of the customer journey from initial contact through to quoting and job completio.
- Proven track record of telesales or field sales within the hazardous waste industry
- Ability to build good relationships with customers
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to self-supervise and self-motivate
- Competent in use of computer systems
- Full UK driving licence.