Business Development Executive (Hazardous Waste)
Our client, a leading independently owned waste operator, is looking for a self-motivated Business Development Executive with hazardous waste industry experience to join their vibrant and proactive Hazardous Waste division. The company’s hazardous waste facilities are industry leading and include a state-of-the-art aerosol recycling and reprocessing plant. You will be responsible for the management and retention of existing business and delivery of new sales growth within the operating area of southern England and, as such, will require focus on both revenue and profit generation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Field-based role – responsible for targeting a diverse portfolio of clients throughout many different industry areas
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and deliver to target
- Comfortable selling to all levels, from shop floor to board room, and able to adjust your sales approach accordingly
- Proven ability in new business sales, account/relationship management and business retention
- Sound technical and regulatory understanding of hazardous waste management, including health & safety
- Assessing potential jobs to ensure full compliance/waste data obtained for accurate quoting
- Confident in delivering presentations, managing client meetings and deal closing.
- Proactive, driven, commercial sales professional with a proven track record of negotiating and closing deals
- A good communicator
- Able to use own initiative and determination to maximise revenue and deliver profit
- Previous background and experience in similar role within hazardous waste sales is essential
- Educated to A-Level standard in Chemistry or a related scientific subject (e.g. Environmental Science), although a degree is preferred due to the chemistry knowledge needed.
- Excellent IT skills, including all main MS Office applications
- Professional, numerate and excellent attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
This is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm