Our client is a leading provider of municipal waste collection, treatment and recovery services. A vacancy currently exists for a Transport Supervisor. Reporting directly to the CPC holder and Fleet Manager, you will support transport/operation managers with day-to-day transport compliance needs. The primary focus of the role is to ensure that transport departments are safe, legally compliant and all Operator license regulations are fully met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing day-to-day Operator’s license compliance including checking drivers’ hours reports, daily drivers defect reports, collecting compliance documents, monitoring vehicle weights etc.
- Carry out and record random driver and vehicle checks.
- Monitor computer electronic compliance system and produce reports.
- Gather and analyse transport related data.
- Analyse tachographs and drivers’ hours data and produce reports.
- Supply data to transport and operation managers.
- Liaise with maintenance and compliance/training suppliers.
- Support operations team and liaise with Health & Safety department.
- Review internal systems to identify actions to improve compliance.
- Accidents Investigation.
- Liaise with insurance and all related documents up to date.
- Train drivers and staff on all transport compliance aspects.
- Support transport manager with daily compliance and transport needs.
- Proven Transport knowledge and experience including excellent working knowledge of Transport and Operator Licence legislation.
- Proven track record in Fleet Compliance with regards maintenance, MOTs, servicing and breakdowns.
- Disciplinary process experience.
- Administration experience.
- Good attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Microsoft skills, including email, Word and Excel.
- Mature and positive attitude, ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to travel between sites - full cat B driving license necessary.