Landfill Gas Engineer
Our client operates a landfill site in the central belt of Scotland which includes power generation capability of 12MW. An exciting opportunity currently exists for an experienced Landfill Gas Engineer.
- Take ownership of allocated gas fields
- Responsible for the sustainable collection of landfill gas in compliance with statutory and contractual obligations, company procedures and industry best practice
- Work with the Group HSEQ Manager and Site Operations Manager ensuring they are fully aware of activities being undertaken on site
- Oversee management of the gas fields by the monitoring and balancing of the gas collection systems to optimise the gas resource for regulatory and commercial benefit.
- Work in compliance with the gas management plan and site permit.
- Undertake monitoring, analysis, record keeping and reporting on the status of the gas collection systems and utilisation equipment.
- Responsible for the management of gas data and undertaking appropriate corrective action when required
- Responsible for the upkeep and calibration of all plant, equipment and tools within the compound and equipment associated with the monitoring, balancing and maintenance of the gas field.
- On-going monitoring and management including the dipping of gas wells, H2S checks across the gas field and general maintenance of the gas field (e.g., pump replacement etc.)
- Manage PPM schedules relating to all landfill gas related assets
- Achieve both gas field and gas compound KPI’s that will be agreed on an annual basis.
- Meet the gas generation targets and supply an action plan if targets are not being met
- With the assistance of the HSEQ Manager, oversee shutdowns and manage gas related contractors on site
- Review and amend gas related procedures and gas activity risk assessments to ensure the safe operation of activities and environmental and permit compliance
- Write risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Participate and comply with all statutory / Group HSE initiatives
- Work as part of a team or on an individual basis to achieve set objectives
- Undertake audits of both the gas compound and gas field
- Participate in an emergency call out rota as required (1 weekend in every 4)