Waste Manager (NHS Trust)
Our client is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services. A vacancy currently exists for a Waste Manager to take responsibility for leading and developing the company’s Total Waste Management (TWM) contract across three acute hospital and nine community sites in West London.
- Ensure the smooth running of hospital waste collection services to total customer satisfaction.
- Manage the contract within budget, aligning service provision and procedures across all sites, ensuring the Trust's KPIs and SLAs are met and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Manage and motivate around 18 site-based waste porters and three team leaders and ensure that key tasks, such as waste being put in the correct disposal area, are carried out.
- Attend regular contract review meetings, ensuring action points are completed within agreed timescales.
- Work with the Trust’s and on-site FM teams to agree and implement recycling and sustainability targets.
- Educated to at least A-level (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years' experience as a Contract or Waste Manager, with clinical waste experience.
- Previous experience of managing a team of operational staff.
- Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with excellent report-writing skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours are 8am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri (37.5 hours per week), though additional hours may be required on occasions.