Recycling Centre and Transfer Station Manager
Our client is well established, family-owned business offering a comprehensive waste management service to private and public sector organisations. An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Recycling Centre and Transfer Station Manager to be based at the company’s Recyclables Management Facility in the Southwest. You be responsible for the management of the Household Recycling Centre and Waste Transfer Station, ensuring they operate in accordance with legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Plan, organise and control operations through effective management, ensuring financial performance and profitability targets are met.
- Manage safety and environmental requirements, ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Manage performance through effective people and resource management, reporting against KPIs and meeting financial budget requirements.
- Be responsible for the continual training and development of multi-disciplined staff on site, setting appropriate targets that deliver continual improvements.
- Motivated and organised.
- Previous experience in waste management operations - ideally Household Recycling Centres and/or Waste Transfer Stations.
- Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) or working towards this qualification.
- Excellent understanding of Waste Legislation.
- Ability to manage a diverse team and lead by example.
- Competent in Word, Excel ad Outlook with excellent report writing skills.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualification desirable.