Transfer Station Technician
Our client is a leading UK waste management company. A vacancy currently exists for a Technician to work at the company’s Transfer Station in Kent. Working as part of the site operations team, your main duties will include:
- Operating the Transfer Station processes following company operating procedures.
- Manual sorting of various packaged hazardous waste streams.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and all HSE legislation and regulations.
- Working with site management in improving Transfer Station operating standards and adopt fully flexible approach to all the site tasks on which training has been given.
- Actively participating in the improvement of site housekeeping standards by dealing with issues within personal span of control and reporting all other issues to site management.
- Reporting defects immediately to the plant manager.
- Assisting drivers with unloading/loading of vehicles.
- Good general level of education to GCSE standard.
- IT literate.
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Experience operating a forklift truck.