Our client is a leading provider of integrated recycling services within the South West region. A vacancy currently exists for a Site Manager to take responsibility for running the company’s primary waste processing site for construction & demolition waste and dry mixed recycling. The site also serves as the company’s primary operating base for the groups fleet of vehicles and as a waste transfer station.
In this role, you will be instrumental in the effective delivery of all operational, compliance, health & safety, input and output activities.
- Manage site operations and understand the material processes and resourcing required.
- Ensure compliance of all operations in accordance with all permits, licences, insurance terms and conditions, Health & Safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team across the site.
- Optimise existing processes through innovation and identify business opportunities in your area of control.
- Take ownership of the financial performance of the respective P&Ls for all business operations in your area of responsibility, to achieve budget targets.
- Previous experience of working in Transfer & Commercial/Trade Waste Operations at management level.
- COTC 4TSH Transfer operations (Haz & Clinical).
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing teams.
- Experience of managing P&Ls and setting budgets.
- Attractive salary
- Tax-free profit share bonuses as an employee owned business - dependent on the profitability of the Group in any given financial period
- 20 days annual leave, rising to 22 days after 2 years’ and 25 days after 5 years’ service.
Work hours are 42.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.