Our client, a leading waste operator, is looking to recruit a Contracts Supervisor. Working with the Site Manager, you will supervise operations at two of the company’s waste transfer stations, ensuring they are carried out in a safe working environment and cost effective manner, in accordance with Group policies, permits and contract, and in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements.
Supporting the Transport Manager, you will also supervise the drivers to ensure that loads are taken out safely and efficiently, that the most suitable routes are taken to disposal points, tachograph infringements are monitored and reduced and that vehicles are maintained regularly and in line with the O’ Licence.
- Experience of working in the waste/logistics/transport industry in a team leader/supervisor capacity.
- Knowledge of transport operations and waste transfer stations.
- Hold a valid and current CoTC – 4TSH.
- An awareness of transport legislation.
- Experience of operating and working with heavy plant.
- Experience of driving and operating HGV’s.
- Familiar with weighbridge operation and systems (desirable).
- Experience of working in an environment where safety has been given top priority.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication and numerate skills.
- Positive attitude to and demonstrable drive to improve health and safety and compliance.
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills.