Power Plant Engineer (Landfill)
Our client operates a landfill site in the central belt of Scotland which includes power generation capability of 12 MW. The site is operated in accordance with the current European and UK Waste Legislation and H&S ruling. A vacancy currently exists for a Power Plant Engineer to conduct ‘hands on’ planning, preventative maintenance, servicing and overhaul activities.
Reporting to the General Manager, your main duties will include:
- Ensuring the power station operates safely and in accordance with the site license conditions, this will include conducing site inductions for visitors and contractors.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Carrying out routine servicing, maintenance and overhauls of power plant equipment.
- Stock control within the power station area.
- Undertaking analysis, record keeping and reporting on the power station status.
- Experienced multi- skilled maintenance engineer holding a multi- skilled engineering qualification.
- Good understanding of Landfill power stations.
- Motivated and able to self-manage.
- Good communication skills.
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
- Extensive working knowledge of Caterpillar 3516 and 3520 landfill engines.
- Good organisation skills and able to work to deadlines.
- Willingness to spend large amounts of time on the power station equipment.
- Willingness to be part of the out of hours call out rota.