We are working with one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies to source an experienced Quarry Manager for a site in West Yorkshire
In this role you will ensure that the Quarry operates in a way that is both safe and productive, constantly adhering to Health and Safety guidelines whilst keeping production levels at a required standard.
- Operating the Quarry in accordance with the Health and Safety document
- Ensuring management control and supervision of all activities on site
- Ensuring that daily inspection books are completed and defects reported
- Liaising with Operations Manager and the Health and Safety Representative on Health and Safety issues at the workplace
- Developing and promoting good communications and professional relationships between all levels of staff and employees on site
- Planning, organising and directing drill and blast resources in a safe and cost effective manner
- Ensuring that employee timesheets are recorded accurately and processed in a timely manner
- Checking that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule
- Balancing sales and output by liaising with sales and commercial teams
- Altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required
- Ensuring that key Health and Safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999), implemented throughout the site
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and industry developments
- Maintaining the inspection systems and checklists in accordance with the IMS system
- Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard
- Undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations
- Examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
- Experience in quarrying.
- To hold/be studying toward extractives QCF level 4 and be prepared to advance to a level 5 or present-day equivalent qualification
- Be a member of the Institute of Quarrying
- Technical acknowledge/experience on mobile machines, and fixed plants.