Our client is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services. A vacancy currently exists for a Site Chemist to assist with the day-to-day operation of the company’s Technical Transfer Station in the South East. You will receive consignments of waste, check documentation, complete waste transfer notes, detect and raise non-conformances as well as inspect, identify and segregate waste deliveries. You will also prepare loads for dispatch, unload and load lorries, help to keep the site clean and tidy and assist with the operation of waste processing equipment. These duties will be carried out whilst promoting high standards of health and safety at all times.
- Minimum HNC in Chemistry or a Chemistry/Environmental-related discipline; a degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline) would be preferred
- Basic understanding of chemicals and their hazards.
- Capable of working outside in all weathers.
- Able to work within potentially difficult environments i.e. wearing protective suits and respirators.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work in busy environments.
- Work within precise and stringent deadlines.
- Flexible towards working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Transfer Station.
- Full UK driving licence