Technical Soils Manager
Our client is a leading trader, transporter and handler of construction materials, building products and waste materials. A vacancy currently exists for a Technical Soils Manager.
- Ensure all waste activities undertaken by the business are compliant with all current legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Assist the sales team with waste enquires, offering advice on the classification, disposal options, pricing and proposing alternative solutions where appropriate to give best commercial advantage in any given situation.
- Proposal, sampling and report writing for any additional soil testing that may be required as part of the solution.
- Manage the waste supply chain, building relationships with key people, negotiating best possible disposal rates and identifying new opportunities.
- Manage key customer accounts from a waste perspective if deemed necessary by the commercial team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the compliance co-ordinator, ensure the day-to-day compliance of the waste moved within the business region.
- Review soil reports / chemical analysis / site investigations for the commercial teams, advising on waste classifications, potential disposal points or any other options that may offer a commercial gain.
- Sending enquiries out to various suppliers / tip operators, sourcing the best disposal location and price to make the company as competitive as possible.
- When required, deal with the customer / site - either directly or alongside the sales team – to advise and assist on waste matters, whether this be over the phone or at an office or site meeting.
- Maintain supplier relationships and market knowledge, conducting regular visits to suppliers.
- Conduct on site testing including management of the sales process, laboratory and report writing.
- When required, assist with or run training for the sales teams and conduct waste inductions for new starters.
- Monthly reporting on enquiries and sales figures and attendance at regional sales meetings.
- Knowledge of waste legislation, technical assessments and WM3.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate complex information to all levels.