Leachate Management Engineer
Our client is a global leader in environmental and advisory solutions. A great opportunity exists for an experienced Leachate Management Specialist to join the company’s busy team in either Sheffield or Manchester to provide support to clients in all aspects in the management and operation of leachate treatment plants
Reporting to a senior member of the process engineering team, you will work with engineering and consulting staff at all levels to help in the delivery of a wide range of landfill leachate management and other waste management and recycling related projects.
The successful candidate will also assist staff in other disciplines within the company including the Advisory, Environmental Management and Compliance, Land and Water, Environmental Specialist Services Groups and the Waste and Resource management Group. The candidate will also develop client relationships to retain and develop new business. You will also have the opportunity to work and travel across Europe and internationally.
Your main duties will include:
- Undertake site visits to Client premises to obtain data, review works and attend meetings:
- Complete specialist reports on leachate management related projects;
- Provide support to other teams where advice on landfill leachate management is required;
- Maintain high standards of ‘business hygiene’ and comply with and promote the company’s SHEQ systems.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum level 2:1 degree in Engineering or Environmental Science or similar;
- Experience in the management of landfill leachate gained within industry and/or for a consultancy;
- Knowledge and interest in the principles of leachate and/or wastewater treatment, ideally gained through the operation of treatment plant;
- Ability to work effectively in both an office-based environment and on client sites, independently and as part of a team;
- Must have a full, current driver’s licence;
- Must be able to represent the company in an effective and professional manner when on client sites with excellent communication skills; and
- A desire to make positive change to the environment.