Technical Director of Planning Services
This leading multi-disciplinary consultancy is seeking a Technical Director of Planning Services. Key responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the technical quality and the development of the Planning Services division
- To provide direction and support to consultants.
- Design and manage projects including site investigations
- Play a proactive role in company performance and management and development of new business opportunities for strategic growth and development of the company
- Assess the risks and liabilities associated with sites and development for a variety of purposes including pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- Proofing responsibilities in compliance with the QA system as appropriate
- Responsibility for the HR recruitment plan for the department and to play a proactive part in the recruitment and selection of staff in liaison with the personnel department and the finance manager
- To carry out quality procedures in accordance with the quality system
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities during projects
- To undertake responsibility for project performance and control including research and development work. To work as necessary as part of project teams.
- Preparation of letters, reports or other written work as required by the Company. Prepare and oversee all contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work prepared in the department
Applications are invited from candidates who possess a degree in a relevant subject area and significant experience of working on mineral and waste planning projects. RTPI membership is desirable. Ref: J7438