Customer Service Representative
Our client is a well-established regional commercial waste management and recycling business. A vacancy currently exists for a Customer Service Representative.
Reporting to the Customer Services (CS) Manager and working within a team of Customer Service Representatives, your main responsibilities will include:
- Handling telephone calls and deal with customer enquiries effectively and efficiently
- Order processing which includes dealing with orders received via telephone, email or post
- Liaising with internal departments and external suppliers
- Effectively handling and resolving day-to-day issues identified internally and reported by customers. Understanding when to escalate a problem or enquiry.
- General administration duties
- Dealing with customer documentation
- Preparing internal and customer reports as required on a weekly or monthly basis as per the customers’ requirements or as requested by the CS manager.
Experience, Qualities and Competencies
- Previous experience in the waste management sector
- Sales or customer service background
- Excellent call handling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good at information seeking and handling
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
- Commercial awareness
- IT literate – excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Aptitude to learn waste management software.
- Team player
Core hours are 8:30am – 5pm, Mon-Fri.