Shift Technician (EfW)
WasteRecruit has been retained to support the recruitment of a Shift Technician to work at a state-of-the-art Energy from Waste (EFW) facility in the South East. The Shift Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant from within a central control room and out in the field on a 24-hour shift rotation.
As part of a team, your duties will include plant and equipment process changes to optimise process performance within health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Process and equipment fault diagnosis and rectification and system isolations, ensuring compliance with the company’s safe system of work at all times.
- Routine tasks and testing of plant equipment.
- Update the shift log including plant and process changes to ensure diligent shift handover.
- Assist with all shutdown activities ensuring plant downtime is minimized. Carry out front line maintenance to ensure plant availability is maintained.
Being totally flexible, you will be expected to carry out other duties within your competencies to ensure objectives are achieved.
Experience and Skills Required:
- DCS (Distributed Control Systems) and steam raising experience preferred.
- Good understanding of boiler combustion together with some form of boiler accreditation or thermal plant training.
- Understanding of safe systems of work i.e. plant isolations and safety documents. Training will be provided.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and forklift trucks and other plant equipment would be advantageous. Training will be given.
- Good communication skills at all levels, both verbally and written.
- Good organisational skills.
- Willingness to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to undertake report writing as required.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- A variety of basic maintenance skills would be advantageous.
To apply for the role please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference J8702.