Our client is a reputable, regional waste management operator. A vacancy currently exists for a Transport Planner to join their busy Transport Department in the North West.
- Maintaining high standard of service and delivery of exceptional customer service for a fleet of 35 plus LGV vehicles involved in collection of waste and recyclate materials;
- Assist in legal compliance of all policies, procedures and regulations in regard to the fleet, drivers and any associated training;
- Ensure site security procedures at the opening/closing of office are followed;
- ‘On call’ and ‘night call out’ duties as required, which may include evenings and weekends;
- Liaison between customers, drivers, customer service etc;
- Assist with routing, driver scheduling and ensure allocation of work on the most cost effective and efficient basis;
- Uploading of jobs to driver PDA and checking of driver dchedules and Traffic Office reports;
- Driver brief and debrief throughout the working day;
- Operation of weighbridge and associated duties as required
- Carrying full accident investigations in relation to the LGV fleet;
- Analysis of vehicle tracking data;
- Ensure full communication between the members of the Traffic Office Team and other departments;
- Monitoring via CCTV of driver movements whilst on site
- Ensuring company’s absence/sickness procedure is adhered to and conduct driver return to work interviews as required;
- Booking of outgoing waste loads;
- Correct handover at end of shift where applicable.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) or working towards;
- HGV Licence (or working towards but not essential);
- Driver CPC qualification (or working towards);
- Good level of IT literacy - particularly covering Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Good general standard of education.
- Ability to multitask, provide direction, work efficiently and stay positive in a stressful environment, providing a good example to the team
- Highly customer focused and people orientated individual who possesses excellent communication skills and is adept at dealing and conversing with people at all levels
- 100% commitment, drive and enthusiasm
- Supervisory skills
Beacause of the nature of the work , you will be required to work on a shift rota covering 06:00- 15:00, 10:00 – 18:30 or 09:00 – 18:00, Monday-Fri. You will aslo be required to work one Saturday morning out of every four, 06:00-13:00.