Our client is an independently owned, nationwide award-winning waste management company. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Site Chemist. This is an exciting time to join as the company is currently expanding due to their strong standing within the industry and excellent reputation for the quality of work they deliver to their clients.
- Analyse all incoming loads in a timely fashion designating process routes to site personnel.
- Operate all laboratory processes in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment and working within the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
- Maintain and update pre-acceptance records including the sample submission and enquiry status as required
- Maintain Waste Acceptance database and assist in stock control
- To ensure that all site activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s S.H.E. policies and all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- To provide analytical information that will optimise vehicle turnaround time, processing efficiency and customer service.
- To assist in the development and improvement of site activities and processes including the analysis of samples for new potential waste streams.
- Take appropriate action with respect to waste acceptance and rectifying any problems.
- Educated to at least HNC level in Chemistry
- Possess or willing to obtain COTC
- Working knowledge of the operation of a hazardous waste transfer station and/or treatment processing plant highly desirable
- Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial practice
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Working knowledge of internal and external documentation requirements
- Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach
- Ability to work in a team or individually