Maintenance Technician (Electrical)
Our client offers a range of specialist waste management and recycling services to both the public and private sectors. A vacancy currently exists for a Maintenance Technician to be based at the company’s state of the art Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) Plant in the South West. Reporting to the maintenance manager, you will be responsible for carrying out any maintenance works required to enable the plant to achieve the requisite level of performance.
This is a diverse role which has a bias towards electrical maintenance and as such, you will be responsible for providing reactive maintenance, condition maintenance, planned preventative maintenance (PPM), diagnosis of problems and installation and testing to a high standard. The role will include the need to perform tasks outside of the electrical field, therefore an understanding of mechanical maintenance is essential. The role will also include the co-ordination of small works and the supervision of contractors.
- Organised and methodical approach to work with excellent organisation, planning and time management ability
- Excellent electrical skills and a good working knowledge of mechanical maintenance
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental matters.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to change, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.